At MFPL business success is not just about profits and shareholders return. We believe is pursuing wider socio-economic and cultural objectives and have always endeavored to not just live up to it, but to try and exceed the expectations of the communities in which we operate. The company’s focus is to contribute to the sustainable development of the society and environment, better health care for deprived sections of the society and to make our planet a better place for future generations.
Key Focus Area:
In accordance with the requirements of the companies Act, 2013 and rules made there under, MFPL CSR activities will focus on the following areas.
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting healthcare including preventive health care and sanitation including contribution to the Swatch Bhart Kosh set up by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation and making availed safe drinking water.
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children , women, elderly , and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects.
- Promoting gender equality , empowering women , setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans , setting up old age homes day care centres and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water including contribution to the clean Ganga Fund set up by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga.
- Protection of national heritage , art and culture including restoration of building and sites of historical importance and works of art , setting up public libraries , promotion and development of traditional arts and handicraft.
- Measures for the benefits of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents.
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympics sports and Olympic sports.
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio economic developments and relief and welfare of the Scheduled castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes , minorities and women.
- Contribution or fund provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government.
- Rural Development projects.
- Slum area developments.
However, the company may, subject to the approval of the CSR Committee, undertake any CSR Project or Program specified in Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 from time to time.
The corpus for the purpose of carrying on the CSR activities would include the following:
- 2% of the average net profits made during the three immediately preceding financial years, as prescribed under section 135 of the Companies’ Act 2013 and rules made there under.
- Any income arising there from.
- Surplus arising out of CSR activities carried out by the company and such surplus will not be part of business profit of the company.
Composition and responsibility of the CSR Committee:
The Board of Directors of the company shall constitute/reconstitute the CSR Committee from time to time in compliance with the statutory requirements. The Committee will report to the Board of Directors. The CSR committee shall consist of the following directors.
- Mr. Tapishwar Kumar, Chairperson
- Mr. Madhukar Malhotra
- Mr. Krishan Kumar
The CSR Committee may invite members of the senior management, representatives of the registered trust or society and others persons as it may deems necessary to the committee meetings.
The responsibilities of the CSR Committee include:
- Formulating and recommending to the board of directors the CSR policy and indicating activities to be undertaken
- Approve projects/programs that are in line with CSR policy
- Recommending the amount of expenditure for the CSR activities, and
- Monitoring CSR activities from time to time
Undertaking CSR Activities:
MFPL can undertake its CSR activities through a registered trust or a registered society or section 8 company as per the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made there under, as approved by the CSR committee.
The CSR committee will evaluate the projects /programs and may, at its discretion, approve the projects/ programs for implementation. While approving projects/programs, the committee shall ensure that those are covered under the ambit of activities listed in clause 2 above and within the overall budgetary limits as approved by the Board.
Selection and implementation of CSR Activities and Projects
The CSR committee will consider CSR proposals from eligible entities. In order to be considered by the CSR committee, such proposals must inter alia contain details of projects /programs to be undertaken, proposed amount, timelines and a confirmation that such projects /programs are eligible under the companies Act, 2013 and the rules made there under.
The Board shall approve the overall budget limits for CSR activities to be undertaking by the company. Within the overall limits approved by the Board, the CSR committee shall approve the individual projects /programs including contribution towards the Corpus fund at its discretion. Any Surplus arising out of the CSR projects , program or activities will not form part of the business profits of the MFPL.
All CSR projects /programs under this policy shall be undertaken in the area of operations of the Company in India. The CSR Committee shall decide on location for implementation of the CSR projects/ programs.
Monitoring and Disclosure
The CSR committee shall endeavor to:
- Ensure that the CSR projects /programs are undertaken effectively in accordance with the approval granted and fully in compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. Monitoring of CSR activities will be done through regular review by the CSR Committee.
- Ensure that appropriate disclosures are made to the shareholders in the company’s annual reports. The contents of the CSR Policy shall be disclosed in the Board report and displayed at the MFPL website.
This Policy is effective from April 01, 2014 and may be amended or modified by the Board as required from time to time.
For queries related to the CSR policy , please write to us at :